Elections and Voting
The Town of Roxbury polling place is at the Roxbury Town Hall, 7167 Kippley Road, Sauk City, Wisconsin. Hours are 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. The Town of Roxbury electorate have the option of using the “Mark Sense” system of voting. Demonstrations for marking this type of ballot is available on election day. Sample ballot is available upon request approximately thirty (30) days prior to every election.
**Early voting for the Town of Roxbury:
- Friday, March 29, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
*Outstanding Absentee and Provisional Ballots Information:
- April 2, 2019: Nonpartisan Office Election
As of January 1, 2006, state law requires all voters to be registered. Federal law requires all registered voter information be stored in a centralized, state system. To meet these requirements, the State of Wisconsin has developed the Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS). Once registered in the system, a voter’s registration and voter history will follow that voter wherever the voter resides within the state. Registering ahead is the best way to avoid delays on Election Day, but electors may still register at the polls on Election Day with proof of residency.
- Voter Registration Form GAB131.pdf
Select the click to download link. Please complete this form and mail it to the Town of Roxbury Clerk, 7167 Kippley Rd, Sauk City, WI 53583.
To be eligible to vote in the state of Wisconsin, a person must
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be 18 years of age on or before election day.
- Have been a resident of the municipality where he/she intends to vote for a minimum of 28 days prior to election day.
- Have a photo ID.
Persons wishing to register must
- Complete the voter registration form.
- Supply their Wisconsin Department of Transportation – issued driver’s license or identification card number. If the applicant has not been issued a Wisconsin driver’s license or I.D., they must provide the last 4 digits of their Social Security Number.
- Supply proof of residence in the local unit.
- For further information on how to register, Wisconsin State Elections Board website.
A person may register as late as election day, but certain restrictions apply depending on the method used for registration.
If registering by mail, the application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day before the election. Any person registering to vote by mail is required to provide a copy of acceptable identification. Acceptable identification is either a current and valid photo identification, OR, one of the following: a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, pay check, or government document that shows the name and address of the voter. The copy of the form of identification must be included when submitting the registration application. If a copy of identification is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot at the polling place or before being issued an absentee ballot.
If registering at the polling place on election day, an applicant must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election.
- Absentee Ballot Request Form GAB121.pdf
Select the click to download. Please complete this form and mail it to the Town of Roxbury Clerk, 7167 Kippley Rd, Sauk City, WI 53583.
If you choose to request an absentee ballot by mail, your written request must list:
- Your voting address within the Town
- The address where the absentee ballot should be sent (if different)
- Your signature.
- Be made by 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the election.
If you choose to request an absentee ballot in person, you may do so by contacting the Town of Roxbury Clerk.
If getting to the polls is a physical hardship, you can apply for permanent absentee ballot status by contacting the Town of Roxbury Clerk. Once you have permanent absentee ballot status, a ballot will be sent to you automatically as long as you return each one.
You may vote an absentee ballot by contacting the Town of Roxbury Clerk.